Sunday, August 14, 2016

Flynn Custom Doll

Hallo to all! Poppy here in meine (mine-a means my) German accent ready to introduce du (doo  means you.... I'll just speak English from on. :D ) to my favorite custom doll Ive done so far! Sie fabulous Flynn!
Photo:
Alright.... I know Ive used this picture a dozen
 times, but she looks so awesome here!

Flynn was originally a used Hat-tastic Cerise Hood Ever After High doll that I found on Ebay.
Displaying photo 1.JPG
I received her for my birthday along with hair to reroot her with. My mom and Arista had gone onto Dollyhair.com (which is a great hair supplier for dolls by the way) and bought me a 38" and an RD hank of saran hair from there. The RD hank was a blend of golden auburn and torch auburn while the 38" was a blend of a blend of tangerine orange and flame auburn. When we ordered her, she was the I had never customized a doll before so I had no idea was I was going to be doing. That was quickly changed. 
Taking some old dolls we had lying around the house, I tried my hand at this thing called customizing. Armed with less than worthy supplies, minimal knowledge, and absolutely no experience, I ripped the hair out of my first custom doll, Phirozythe.
Displaying photo 1.JPG
 I rerooted her with yarn and inspired by my success, made Anne Burrell for my mom and created Phirozythe's (and Flynn's) mom Trina, the middle-aged fairy, along the way.
Displaying photo 2.JPG
R.I.P. Trina. She died two weeks ago. 
By this point I felt ready to tackle customizing Cerise into Flynn. I was still scared, no doubt! I had been thinking about this character named Flynn for a LONG time and she already had a more detailed more detailed background than all my other dolls at the time. I really did not want to mess up on her. But, praying hard, I did it anyway and she turned out better than I would have imagined. Displaying photo 3.JPG 
I even entered her in the fair! (She didnt place in case you were wondering. She lost to a cabbage patch doll) She has quickly become one of my favorite dolls right up there with Elle Eedee.
Displaying photo 4.JPG       
With longer legs than most EAH dolls, custom-rooted hair, and dragon/fairy hybrid heritage, Flynn is packed with personality. (Her name is even spelled funny! Its actually spelled Phleinne but most people cant pronounce that so we just spell it Flynn.) 
Displaying photo 2.JPG
Overall, Flynn is a very unique doll and so is her family.
Gute nacht (goot na-k-t  means goodnight.... had to throw in one more German phrase...) and wielen dank (vie-len da-n-ck  means thank you... so maybe two more....).  
  
Remember, God made you special and loves you vey much. Goodbye!
Denken Sie daran, Gott hat dich besonders und liebt dich sehr. Auf Wiedersehen!
(Dont ask me for a pronunciation guide on that one! Just use Google translate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment