Saturday, July 23, 2016

How to Fix a Broken Doll Limb for Cheap!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY! This is Poppy and today I will show you how to fix a broken doll limb super cheap and utterly painless! YIPPEE! I will be writing in the style of Princess Unikitty from the Lego movie, because I am so happy my doll is fixed! YEAH! (Yes, I know right about now you think I'm totally nuts, but I am super thrilled about my doll being fixed. She was one of the prettiest one I have and fairly new, so I was pretty excited when my Mom suggested this method to fix her)
THANK YOU, MOM FOR THIS WONDERFUL SOLUTION! 
MOMS ROCK!!!!!!
Now, on with the totally awesome tutorial!
 
For this fix you will need is the poor doll, broken appendage, and a piece of chewing gum. I broke my dolls arm by trying to pull it out of its socket. Now those of you who have never played with Monster High dolls are like, "PULL HER ARM OUT! OF COURSE YOUR GONNA BREAK IT!" And those of you who HAVE played with these dolls before are thinking, "How did she break it I wonder? The forearms are supposed to come out" THAT IS LIKE TOTALLY WHAT I THOUGHT! The forearms were supposed to come out, but when I tried to remove her arm it snapped at the joint, leaving me with a bad arm and a socket with a part of a pin in it! AGHGHGHGH!! I thought about ordering a replacement piece, but the end of the peg still securely wedged in there, no other arm would fit. AGHGHGHGH!! again! Not to mention, by this point I had already had the doll for two months so I couldn't get a replacement doll!! Triple AGHGHGHGH!! I looked online for solutions, but nothing short of drilling wire into her arm was said to be able to fix it. Now I have tried this method before and ended up with a poor barbie that had bent wire sticking out from all over her. Not gonna do that with Elle. Completely and totally distraught and frustrated by this point, I went to lament to my Mom. She was working on homeschool stuff on the computer so I just went ahead and told her everything. Without even breaking grammer-curriculum-shopping-stride, she replied, "why not use some gum?" Thsi si wher my world turned from cave trolls, mean bears, and broken dolls, to unicorns, puppies, and happy emojis! (I was rather happy) Instantly, I grabbed a piece of gum and began to chew. This is one of the steps you will need to take to fix your doll. So take that peice of gum, by the wrapper and chew! Once it is pretty soft...

SMASH IT ON TOP OF THE BROKEN PEG!
 
Then push the arm into the hole, pulling out the extra.
 
And she's fixed!!!! WOO HOO!!! This method holds the limbs together pretty well and allows the same degree of articulation and removal abilities as before. (WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT WHEN PHOTOGRAPHING DOLLS!) The gum will eventually have to be replaced and some will probably have to be added if the arm is removed freguently. Other than that though, your doll is fixed!!! YEEAAHHHH!!! Hope this tutorial was helpful. Remember, God made you special and he loves you very much. GOODBYE, ALL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment