Tuesday, July 12, 2016

7 Things to never say to a homeschooler

Gooday, mates. This Australian Poppy speaking and I wanted to share a list of seven things that you should never EVER say to a home-schooler.

1. Does your Mom (or Dad) just give you your grade?

Yes, our parents do assign us our grades, but 90% of all homeschoolers work for every point they get. 
2. You really need to get outside more often.

This is okay in the sense that someone need to be out in nature more often, but is often used to emphasize someone's lack of knowledge on pop culture and is incredibly rude.

3. Do you have any friends? (said with a look of pity)

This one speaks for itself. HOMESCHOOLERS DO HAVE FRIENDS. period.

4. Are you socialized?

I spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with my siblings and we haven't killed each other yet. I think I'm pretty well socialized.

5.So I guess your Mom (or Dad) can't be your teacher anymore.

When I moved into high school, I cannot tell you how many times I heard this. If our parents have been able to teach us up to this point, they can teach us through high school, its not against the law.   

6.Do you get to do whatever you want?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO. Next... 

7.Is the only schoolwork you do homework? (trying to be funny)

Technically, yes, all the schoolwork we do is homework. but please, spare us the awful joke.    


There you go, 7 things never to say to a homeschooler!  (unless, of course, you are a veteran homeschooler yourself, then you can joke about these all you like and other homeschoolers will find them incredibly funny because all of you went through the same thing.)

Well, remember, God made you special and he loves you very much and this Poppy, over and out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment